bikeryder

2003 Monaco Cayman 36PBD Kitchen & Bedroom Slides Will Not Close

One way to see if the slide out controller board is bad is (if it will reach) just unplug the harness from the one that is working and plug the harness from the one not working and see if it works. This will eliminate any guessing about if the motor or other part is bad.

Bill

On November 4, 2016 at 1:05 PM, DickandLois said:

Eddie, Sounds like you have made some good progress! Glad you found a tech that could add power to the proper point and retract the slides. A good little trick to know should the same issue popup in the future.

Where is the board in the picture located ? It sure looks like one would expect when looking at the wiring diagram for a 2 slide control module.

Rich.

Rich, the Slide-Out Control Board is located in the very back storage bay, same storage bay where my inverter is located and  just behind storage bay that contains my batteries. I uploaded another picture. That's my inverter sitting at bottom and left of the Slideout Control Board.

I too noticed the labeling was backwards for the 5 & 25 amp fuses on the factory supplied diagram.

Sadly gaining access to the bedroom slideout motor is an ordeal. Whereas gaining access to the kitchen slideout is a snap. What I'd like to come up with is something similar to my battery disconnect switch for my bedroom slideout. I would need to add a pigtail that I could access inside my coach near the bed itself should this problem ever repeat like a bad toothache.

Anyway, I'm hoping to receive my new Slideout Control Board in the next few days.

Eddie

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

One way to see if the slide out controller board is bad is (if it will reach) just unplug the harness from the one that is working and plug the harness from the one not working and see if it works. This will eliminate any guessing about if the motor or other part is bad.

Bill

Bill, unfortunately for me both slideout motors do not retract normally. They both open normally but however.

I'm surprised Monaco did a poor job with their wiring diagram color coding, which does not match the colors of actual wiring harness. I didn't expect that from the old Monaco. Frustrating for me and my mobile technician. :(

Eddie

Eddie, You mentioned that both slides extend OK, but do not retract. That kind of points to a common point to both control modules. that to me would be at the control panel where the 2 rocker switch's are located. The point I would look for is in the area of the wiring powering the retract circuit.(Common wire feeding both switches) Will look at the diagram you posted of the complete electrical an see if anything stands out!

Rich. 

49 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Bill that so comforting.

:wacko::P

Herman

Thank you Herman.B) Just for grins I sat and looked at the last picture and spotted only 8 things that wouldn't pass inspection besides no labels on the wiring bundles.:P:D

Bill

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Thank you Herman.B) Just for grins I sat and looked at the last picture and spotted only 8 things that wouldn't pass inspection besides no labels on the wiring bundles.:P:D

Bill

And that folks is why I don't fly! 

Manholt,

The image provided from the Monaco was incorrect. As you stated, the 5amp and 25amp were tagged in reverse of what they actually are. It seems Monaco is making quite a lot of these type of errors when it comes to representing their product incorrectly. Wiring Diagrams for the 2003 Cayman Slide-Outs are at best poorly drawn.

Eddie

bikeryder, the electrical connection in the photo, is it fully seated and making connection? From the photo it appears its partially unplugged.

Take a look at each wire closely, on our Monaco product they are labeled what circuit the belong to and I mean they spell It out on the actual wire, not codes or abbreviated.

Good NEWS! According to UPS tracking my new Slide-Out control board should arrive this Wednesday. Hopeful by mid morning Friday as I'm off work, after control board is installed,  I will have fully functioning Slide-Outs.

Fingers Crossed!

Eddie

jleamont,

Yes the wiring harness is fully seated onto the control board receptacle. 

I'l take a close look at those wires to see if any coding exists.

Thanks for the tip.

Eddie

2 hours ago, bikeryder said:

jleamont,

Yes the wiring harness is fully seated onto the control board receptacle. 

I'l take a close look at those wires to see if any coding exists.

Thanks for the tip.

Eddie

You might get a can of contact cleaner  and spray the inside/female contacts on that harness. I don't know where to get them but at work we use to have little brushes to clean out the contacts. I hope the new board fixes the problem.

Bill

Good morning all... SUCCESS!

The Slideout Control Board I ordered from Monaco back in  Indiana arrived two days ago. 

This morning I headed over to my Monaco Cayman and carefully swapped out the Slideout Control Board. That was the trick, everything now is working as it should.

Something on the old Slideout  Control Board is bad, not sure what,  but I'll keep it for the fuses and relays which were already proven to be good.

Thanks again to all who contributed to my issue, it is truly appreciated.

Eddie

Sorry I missed this post originally.  I was at the factory service center in Oregon several years ago and they noticed there was some corrosion on my slide-out control module.  I purchased and have in the coach the back-up module ready for that failure.  If both are failing, it is likely that module. 

Anyway, anyone who has a Monaco coach should have the Monaco Customer Service number in their phone ready for a call.  The records from before the 2008 crash are still intact with Monaco under the current ownership (REV).  Your records survive.  Give them your coach number and they can find the part you need or something equivalent. 

Give them a problem and they can solve it.  Need service, you can schedule it with them, the real factory workers that built these coaches.  Call 877-466-6226, the customer service number in your owners manual if you can find it...  They can help.