sidwalt

Direct TV Satellite On Class A

I have had Directv service for 5 years. In early October Directv emailed that I qualified for Upgrade to Genie and Mini-Genie.

When technician came to my location he informed me that Directv no longer services RVs. They did however send out a Directv "contractor" who proceeded to change the LNB on my dish and caused damage to the roof and coax cable connection.  

They would not fix the damage and directed me to Camping World.  Have other FMCA members had similar experiences with Directv?

Walt and Elizabeth SIDSWORTH, member # F379021 Fresno, California Full time RVers

I am researching a Directv problem, and ran across your post. Discouraging, to say the least.

Currently I'm caught between Winegard and Directv, with each pointing at the other. The existence of 'RV contractors' is new to me. I'll keep an eye out for issues with them.

Regards,

Eric

Check for RV Satellite businesses at your local campground if you are near any good size city.  There should be a business who can come to you, get your service setup and any hardware updated at a very good price.