Sign in to follow this  
Vegasmailman

Burning Man August 27th

Question

Burning man festival is taking place in NV starting the 27th.  I know it in the desert where it happens.  Wondering if anyone has ever attended in a RV and what to expect?

1 answer to this question

I have not attended but I have talked to friends who have been there, watched many videos and followed a live web cam feed one year.  Beside the high cost of going, there are no facilities and they don't appear to be big fans of you running a generator.  This is a complete counter-culture event so you must like nudity, art, and dirty, dusty, windy conditions.  I would like to go but I think I would feel seriously out of place in my current RV.  There are a now a bunch of millionaires setting up comfy cozy communities for themselves which does not make the rest all that happy but that's the thing about a do-as-you-please event.  You can't really regulate who does what or how or where or when.

I really do have it on my bucket list but I think I would need to get my rig hooked up with a bunch of solar and just let the moment sweep us away.