jmonroe

Class A Restricted Ownership Lots - Open To Super Cs?

I'm going to post this both in the Class A and the 'C' forums.

We own a lot in a Class A restricted RV 'resort'. It's a beautiful resort that has opened at just the wrong time, at the height of the banking/economic bust. While we have a class A, I really would not mind if ownership were opened to Super C motorhomes. The developer has proposed just that, to try and widen the market.

My questions are this: If you own(ed) a class A and were contemplating purchasing (or maybe you own) a site, would you mind if Super C motorhomes were also allowed? If you own a Super C, would opening the ownership up be enticement for you to look at a resort? I know I've seen complaints that even stratospherically expensive class C motorhomes are not welcome in parks were 'entry level' class A motorhomes are.

I need to make a decision, as current owners are being asked to vote on this very issue.

http://www.canecreekresort.com/

I don't see what the big to do over the difference between a class A and Super C is. Nearly every Super C I've seen is every bit as nice as a class A (the exception being some of the ones the race car circuits use). I'm sure your resort has caveats against motorhome age as well, so not just any class A is able to be in the resort. I'm not really into that kind of restrictions, but I would only restrict motorhomes (A or Super C) that are in obvious poor repair, not let "Cousin Eddie" in for instance. In other words, the motorhome must present a good clean appearance and otherwise fit in with the standards of the resort, whether it's a Super C or a class A.

I own a Class A and would not have a problem with a Super C being allowed into a park. I would not want any class parked next to me if it was in a state of disrepair. As pianodan said, if a motorhome presents a good clean appearance I don't see why anyone would want to turn them away.

Hi JMonroe,

The motion being voted on needs to be written by the Resort's attorney. Whatever the rules are need to be legally enforceable. An attorney skilled in this part of the law for the state the resort is in should be involved. Some owners may feel this is the beginning of a "slippery slope" just to allow the developer to sell lots.

To your question, I would not like this change, if I already owned a lot. There are two ways to look at this. Those who already own a lot, purchased under the existing rules and may have expectations of only class A coaches. If the change is allowed, those purchasing after the change will have a different expectation. It is important that expectations of owners remain as close a possible to what the resort offers.

Something that might be considered is that Super C coaches can be in a certain section(s) of the resort. They would be excluded from the class A only sections of the resort.

Guest BillAdams

Personally, I own a Prevost but I don't much care for the Class A only parks. Mostly this is because of the attitude of the owners who feel that a Class C in their parks is somehow benneth them. I attended a Country Coach rally in Naples and and there was a Class C that CC built in the past which was not allowed in the park to attend the rally but instead had to park at a campground down the road. Shameful!

I would be much more inclined to stay/buy at a park where there was a little more diversity and a lot less attitude.

Segregation, is not to be. I own a bus Conversion. Prevost. Country Coach by name. But it all started in a pop-up, then a travel trailer, Class C, gas motorhome, Diesel pusher,Several actually. Now a Prevost. I think that if you are in a tent, class C, or whatever. You are all on the same level, As you all enjoying the outdoors. It's about the people, not the vehicle.

I agree... we are all campers and that is the most important thing. I have no issue with not allowing a motorhome that is in major disrepair. You running a resort not a junk yard. That being said I've seen some great looking older motorhomes. As long as it is safe, good repair, and not a major eye sore I don't care who is parked next to me. I've had some families in tents that the kids wanted to see what the inside looked like. It wasn't that many years ago that it was my kids in a tent looking at some nice class A parked next to us. Time has flowed by and although we might have a Class A now, the kids have their own families and they are in tents. Just the way mom and dad started. So invite them in for a tour, pour some lemonade and let them look around.

Dan

Here's my problem....Went to Colorado couple of weeks ago to buy a lot in a campground for class A d/p only! When we arrived I noticed a super C in one of the lots...( was beautiful by the way).

Talked to manager and he said they sold the lot last year and the guy had a d/p 6 mon. later he traded it for a super C and parked it on his lot. I don't no what is going to happen so I put my money back in my pocket til I see what happens..understand. These lots are not cheap...100k depending on how close you want to the river.The contract says Class A Diesel Pusher only...What would you do????

I am new to RVing, I have camped in a tent/vehicle for many years. I am an average guy/family. I do not look down my nose at anyone, that being said I do not want "trailer trash" for lack of another word swiping my stuff or trashing the camp site next to me. At the same time I don't want some snob telling me that because I only have a class C that I can not park next to him. I own an older class A by the way.

Just my opinion: Lots of good info on this site that is why I joined.

Thanks.