hasbromld

2006/2007 Pace Arro W24 8.1l won't start

Greetings!

I have a 2007 Pace Arrow (W24 workhorse 8.1l gas) that has the check engine light on. It will not start (by that I mean it won't turn over).

I've had a similar case when the oil "life" expired and I used the "reset" for the oil life in the past which turned off the check engine light and allowed the coach to start.

I performed the same reset this time (although the oil life should not have expired with less than 500 miles since the last change/reset). When I do the reset, I turn on the ignition without starting, press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds and then turn the key off. I wait a few minutes and the check engine is still on and it will not start.

When I do that process, the LCD displays the message "Change Engine Oil" 3 times. I've done that sequence several times with no change regarding the check engine. I checked the oil life indicator and it's at 100%. (I should note I've tried variations for the reset including literally pounding on the gas pedal continuously for 10 seconds - who's getting frustrated?)

Then I assumed there may be some codes set so I got a Scangauge 2 and attached it. No codes found and no pending codes found. I realize it's not a "Tech II" but at this point the coach won't start so I can't take it somewhere. I then unhooked the batteries (all of them) and let the coach sit for at least 30 minutes with no power thinking it may reset without power. It did not.

Any suggestions?