angelmarien@verizon.net

Day/night Shades Cleaning

I am a full-timer in my 2000 Fleetwood Discovery motorhome that has day/night shades installed. I know there has to be someone out there who knows the best way to clean them. Mine are so nasty looking that I'm tempted to take them down and install a regular standard pulldown window shade.

I certainly would appreciate any advice from anyone.

We put ours in the shower, sprayed them with Scrubbing Bubbles, let them sit for a while and then rinsed them . We let them dry partially folded so they would hold their shape. I was afraid we would have to spray them with starch but it wasn't necessary.

They looked pretty good at the time but we are doing a number of upgrades to our coach and have bought MCD American Duo shades and are in the process of replacing the day/night shades with them. DW is covering the valences at this point.

They are being put in a lot of high end coaches now. Very pricey ($800 for the three we bought) but everyone we know that has them speak highly of them.

We want to get the powered front shades with remote for the windshield but I think we will take a trip down to TX this summer and have the company install those.

You can see them HERE