willbeeind

Got Some Answers from Tech Connect Support- Partner Roaming Areas and Seasonal Status

I had some long standing questions pending with Tech Connect Support so I thought I'd try again after the first of the year, via a customer service email. I received a complete email response in just a few days from Jackson. Hopefully that is an indication that their Tech Connect Support capability is catching up to demand. 

Here are the questions they answered, in case they help someone else:

Q: I have had trouble with no or slow connection in roaming areas shown as "partner" areas on the T-Mobile coverage map, even though I have a good 3 or 4 bar connection. What data connectivity should I expect in those areas? I only get up to something like 15k data rate (K not meg). I realize I am getting a new hotspot device soon and that might affect my service in partner areas, but I want to know if it should work as well there as in normal T-Mobile areas. That might affect my choice of campgrounds.
      A: Tmobile has recently bought Sprint and has been shutting down and switching towers over to tmobile. We are sending new sims out to alleviate the issue please check your email for that.
     I take that to mean that service in those areas should improve with all T-Mobile sim cards and towers. I will test it!

Q:In order to put my system in Seasonal Status I had to input a date as to when I would turn it back on again (take it out of Seasonal). Is there an option to take it out of Seasonal at a different date, earlier or later? Or is it automatic? 
      A: Regarding the seasonal setting you will have to give us a call so we can help reset that.
      I expect that means they can take it out of seasonal status at any time. 

Editorial: I have some friends that work for T-mobile (Deutsche Telecom) in Germany and they really are working hard to expand their capabilities and take over the world of mobile internet. Hopefully if FMCA can continue to work with them to improve the Tech Connect plan it can continue to be a good service.  It has worked great for me, except in the "parter" areas.