Sign in to follow this  
gsievewright

Orlando, FL, RV Resorts

Question

7 answers to this question

Don't know when you're planning to go to Disney, but I suggest you keep checking, like at least once per day. They have cancellations and reservation changes all the time. We've been successful in the past by being persistant, but we're usually planning months ahead.

Guest BillAdams

Check this out:

http://www.tropicalpalmsresortfl.com/

We have stayed there many times and like it a lot.

There is also a TT or similar resort in the area that we had a free coupon for but we always returned to Tropical Palms when FW was not available or not affordable.

Live in the area. The TT Reserve is nice and about 7 miles from Disney. As members, we stay there often when we just want to get away from the house for the weekend. There are also a couple of Encore Resorts that I hear are nice but have never stayed in. Lake Magic and the Palms are both nice. The dPalms is walking distance to Old Towne wich is nice if you like shopping. On Fridays annd Saturdays they have clssic car shows with aroung 400 cars.

Thanks for the replies......Those are the suggestions that I was looking for. The week I was looking for was the week of Thanksgiving. We are also checking Ft. Wilderness weekly for cancelations.

Gary

OK, next suggestion...

DO NOT GO TO DISNEY THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING!!!

I realize that families with kids in school may have few options, but that is one of the busiest weeks of the year. There will be large crowds, the lines will be long and the 'fast pass' tickets for the popular rides will all be gone by mid morning. You will be frustrated and stressed, not what you go to Disney for.

We'll be there a couple weeks later. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas offer the best Disney experience you can have. Good weather, the longest waits will probably be less than 15 minutes, and the Christmas decorations are all up. All goes to h*!! again, the week of Christmas.

Thank you again. We actually have heard from a few sources now that say the same as you in terms of how crowded Disney is compared to other times. I really appreciate the feedback. As a result, we are now likely to go the week prior, which there is plenty of availability.

Thanks again,

Gary

Thanks for the replies......Those are the suggestions that I was looking for. The week I was looking for was the week of Thanksgiving. We are also checking Ft. Wilderness weekly for cancelations.

Gary

I am going the same time period. I made reservations at a KOA six miles away called Kissimmee. Seemed like a decent place for my three night stay.