Sign in to follow this  
GDC238

Illuma Plex switch problem

Hello everyone, I own a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder 36H. I’m having a problem with the front three Multiplex switch modules. The switches back light but the functions don’t light blue or operate.  Every once and a while the modules will operate normally. The other modules in the coach work fine.  I called Precision Circuits and they think it’s a data cable problem.  I was looking to see if anyone had a similar issue and what was your fix.  Thanks, Greg 

71F83D96-99D0-4844-BD67-E3C7B75EFA99.jpeg

46B4FDA4-FF0B-4F26-BAD9-5FBFAF308BDF.jpeg

1A49361C-350E-4931-BD4F-99A3B8BC1992.jpeg

Edited by GDC238
Grammar

When this happened on my Berkie last year, I found that a data cable female x female splice had shorted out. I could not find the RJ12 connector at the big box stores so ended up stripping ends on both data cables and using a butt splices. I did find a RJ11/12 tester at the big box but you need to locate both ends of the cable to do a test. I found the short trying to locate both ends to do the test. 

5 minutes ago, snjwalkabout@gmail.com said:

When this happened on my Berkie last year, I found that a data cable female x female splice had shorted out. I could not find the RJ12 connector at the big box stores so ended up stripping ends on both data cables and using a butt splices. I did find a RJ11/12 tester at the big box but you need to locate both ends of the cable to do a test. I found the short trying to locate both ends to do the test. 

Thank you. I’ll give it a try.