KyleP

Techconnect + Max and Video

I checked with FMCA Tech Connect and below is their response:

This is a true statement. As part of the plan details it states that video streaming will typically stream at DVD quality (480p). 

As you know, we tested the Wi-Fi during October using the 50-inch TV that we’ve brought down to conventions. We were able to stream 1080p with no issues.  

Josh went down to our Roundbottom office yesterday to get the TV and brought it back up to Clough. We tested again, same results. No buffering or lagging while streaming on 1080p.

The T-Mobile plan states that Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480)p

Hope this helps. 

Good info - thank you.   1080p is enough for me.  I have the AT&T FMCA plan currently and plan to keep it and use both - the AT&T plan is video throttled at 4MB and overall at 25MB.  Those both work for my use case.

I have a T-Mobile business internet plan today, it does not have a video throttle, but is always lowest priority and run me $50/month.   The FMCA plan could be an advantage with it's 100G of priority data.  The priority to me is during the day for work, however streaming in the evenings is nice sometimes.....

Ah...decisions decisions :)

Thanks!

-Kyle