Sign in to follow this  
Schmidt

Arkansas RV Campsite

Hello... we are looking for a destination around the wine country in Altus, Arkansas (between Fort Smith and Clarksville) with a full service campsite for our Class A Motorcoach which has a sewer hookup and is big rig friendly.

I guess I am confused as to those who have a web-site posting of full service campsite... we are planning an extended stay but are only finding full service campsites with a dump station.

Thank you for suggestions.

Keep in mind that many RV parks offering full hookups also may have some sites with water and/or electric. Therefore, in many cases they also have a dump station. As Bill suggested, check Woodalls, Trailer Life, etc. If you find a park that seems to meet your needs, email or call to confirm details.

I know the websites can be confusing sometimes. That is why I call or email to get specific details and avoid a dissappointing stay.

We have googled many sites in the area and after contacting those campsites is how we found confusing information... full service, water/electric, dump stations, etc... and were trying to avoid a dissappointing stay. Not sure if Woodall's was on that list... we will give them a look

Thanks you for the info...

I found a couple of websites that might be of interest. One is in Alma, AR - about 30 miles from Altus. The other is in Altus.

This is a campground in Altus with water and electric and a dump station.

http://www.chateauauxarc.com/RV_Park.html

This is a KOA campground in Alma.

http://www.koa.com/where/ar/04110/

From what I am seeing, there is not a lot available in the area.

Good Luck.

THANKS for the help... We have reserved a spot at the KOA campground in Alma and we will be visiting the Chateau Aux Arc Vineyards and Winery prior to a round of golf at Eagle Crest Golf Course.