Sign in to follow this  
Johnhud@mac.com

KVH Tracvision LF and Direct TV

Beware - If your using a KVH Tracvision LF "in motion" with direct TV your low speed data port on your direct TV box will be (or has become) disabled!

When you call KVH they will tell you this is a direct TV issue - Direct TV has sent out a signal to disable all low speed data ports- this port is the part that allows you to get in motion services (your dish will still work as a stationary dish)

The bad part is that NO WHERE does KVH post this and they do NOT even tell their dealers about the issue! When I finally talked to KVH they told me sorry but that technology is 5 years old and you need a new "modern" dish - when I complained they said its like buying a laptop 5 years ago - its just that electronics are obsolete after a few years!

Don't waste your money (like I did) having a certified KVH dealer try to fix this because after $350 in labor they come to this conclusion and tell me - KVH really should have sent us a bulletin - sorry we wasted 3.5 hours trying to fix this.

If you have trouble with your Tracvision LF in motion call KVH and decribe the problem before you pay a KVH dealer to look at it

Good luck!