warrenw

Country Coach Repair Info

Greetings,

I would like to educate everyone on the Country Coach Service Center in Junction City, OR. As we own a Country Coach motorhome, we had this as our destination in traveling around the country from MI. I thought the company was owned by the original owner from Country Coach, restarting the company. Meaning, Bob Lee and I was looking forward to a great experience. Wow, was I wrong. We are traveling to Alaska, with a deadline, so our time is very valuable. I made an appointment on the 12th of May for us to be there on the18th of May, to get our dash Air Conditioning repaired. This meant work on the compressor, dryer, and expansion valves, as well as blowing out the lines.

When we arrived at Country Coach at 8 AM on the 18th, we were greeted very nicely. We talked about what we expected to be serviced and also gave them a few other minor tasks, such as a sticky drawer lock, a broken shower door handle, and one windshield wiper that did not work. We left for the day, believing that all the parts were already at Country Coach, because when I made the appointment, I gave Jim Cooley, the service manager, the part numbers and was told they would be ordered.

I received a call from Jim at about 10:45 AM, stating that he had just finished ordering all of the parts needed to fix the air conditioning and that they would arrive between 10 and 10:30 AM on Friday, via UPS. I was very surprised, as I was convinced they had ordered the parts nearly a week ago, but was told that did not happen. I had spoken with Jim 2-3 times prior discussing the issue of our repairs. After questioning Jim on not having the parts there he stated he got busy and forgot to order them. After working through that, I told him to go ahead and order the parts. Earlier, we had to ask if we could dry camp in their lot overnight; never was that offered but, when asked, they said yes.

Thursday the 19th, we headed into town to kill time and ran into Bob Lee. After introducing myself and talking about Country Coaches, he asked what we were doing in town. We explained we were at Country Coach getting a few repairs done. He explained that he had started a repair shop in Eugene-- about 8 miles to the South. He stated that if they could help in any other way, to give them a chance. I said that we were at Country Coach, getting the work done and that I was going to give them a chance, but I thanked him anyway.

Well, Friday came, and we left at 8 AM to allow the workers at Country Coach to get working on the coach, as soon as possible. We would be wasting another day as this was the third day and the problem was still not fixed. I called Jim at about 11:30 to see how things were going and he stated that the supplier they used to get the parts had used FedEx in shipping and that he had no idea when they would arrive at Country Coach. I asked him if he tracked the parts with FedEx and he said no, so I asked him if he would please do that. Also, I asked him what would happen if the parts did not arrive until 3 PM. His sarcastic response was that then they would get there at 3 and there was nothing he could do. Wow, some kind of service???

So, we headed back to Country Coach and I told him to finish the jobs they were working on and that we would do without A/C. I asked him to just get me the bill, so we could be on our way. He got very belligerent and questioned me. That was Friday at 12:20 PM. There were still no parts and earlier, Jim had stated that the job would take at least 6 hours, maybe more. So, after getting our bill, we left without having our air conditioning fixed.

But, now for the rest of the story. After leaving Country Coach, we stopped by Oregon Motorcoach Center in Eugene at about 1:45 and told them of our dilemma. Bob, the service manager got right on it; they had many of the parts on hand and the ones they did not have, they got at the shop by 3:30. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!!!!! Also, Dave the main air conditioning repair man stated that he would work on the coach and stay there until it was done. Unbelievable! At 6:30, I drove the coach out of the shop, 3 hours after Dave started working on it.

They begged us to stay in their beautiful paved lot with a gated entrance, water and 50 amp electric hookup. What I failed to tell you was that Country Coach had none of parts that we needed and everything had to be ordered. Their parking lot was very dusty and dirty. ALL THIS TO SAY, TO ALL COUNTRY COACH OWNERS AND CLASS A MOTOR HOME OWNERS, PLEASE CHECK OUT OREGON MOTORCOACH CENTER. THAT IS WHERE BOB LEE AND HIS TOP MECHANICS WORK! Country Coach is now owned by Bob's brother, Ron Lee, and that is a different story!

Thank you for reading and considering this!