fmcwave

Compressed Natural Gas Country Coach

I happend to be in OKC on Monday and followed this unit to a service facility. It is a CNG CCoach. The owner is Chesapeake Energy in OKC. The handler gave me a tour and indicated that it had x3 25 gal. tanks for CNG plus diesel. He told me at the time that it was running on , I think, 17% diesel and the rest CNG. I asked him if he was promoting it to the RV industry or just CNG to the world and he indicated it was the latter. Range was about 1,500 miles but the problem is too few places to refill so they bought and converted the CCoach, added a wrap so the world could see a big vehicle with the hope that CNG will become a transitional fuel as oil based fuel declines. It sounded and looked like any other bus but the emissions would be less. Beautiful coach, set up as a traveling promotional office. Perhaps it has been covered on the forum but if not here it is.

Wave

post-19038-0-83087600-1307574003_thumb.j

It would be interesting to see the cost per mile for CNG versus diesel. It has to be cheaper. So I wonder if that means you can remove that EGR system. Atlanta has a lot of diesel buses converted to run on CNG. It is not a new deal. I wish they would hurry up and convert cars to CNG because that is the best answer we have today. Ethanol is not the solution. Diesel cars are better but CNG is the best we have.

It would be interesting to see the cost per mile for CNG versus diesel. It has to be cheaper. So I wonder if that means you can remove that EGR system. Atlanta has a lot of diesel buses converted to run on CNG. It is not a new deal. I wish they would hurry up and convert cars to CNG because that is the best answer we have today. Ethanol is not the solution. Diesel cars are better but CNG is the best we have.

They are pushing CNG hard in Oklahoma due to the fact that some of the largest reserves are held by Oklahoma companies. I guess they are testing the market here first. There is a full page ad in the Daily Oklahoman with fuel prices $3.47 for unleaded, $3.76 diesel and 1.38$/gal for CNG. I suppose the MPG is less for CNG so the real mileage per unit is a question.

I did not get to see inside the storage compartments on that coach but with three 25 gal. tanks and a traditional diesel tank there would be little room for gear - guess they will have to work that out.

Wave

They are pushing CNG hard in Oklahoma due to the fact that some of the largest reserves are held by Oklahoma companies. I guess they are testing the market here first. There is a full page ad in the Daily Oklahoman with fuel prices $3.47 for unleaded, $3.76 diesel and 1.38$/gal for CNG. I suppose the MPG is less for CNG so the real mileage per unit is a question.

I did not get to see inside the storage compartments on that coach but with three 25 gal. tanks and a traditional diesel tank there would be little room for gear - guess they will have to work that out.

Wave

I happen to live in Edmond and my RV dealer(Lee's RV's) had the CC converted for CHK. We have a 2008 DSDP 4304. During the week, I drive a 2009 Honda GX(totally CNG)Civic. I pay $.88/GGE for CNG at the ONG pumps across the state. My normal fillup cost is under $5.00(total not per gallon) and thay gets me about 200 miles around town.

David

I don't want to look like a BOT, but I did find a website with really good facts about CNG car conversion: www.skycng.com. They have a complete database that is actually full of CURRENT information about State and Federal incentives/rebates, etc. is the name of it. I was wondering not so much IF, but WHEN I should convert to CNG. skycng.com answered my questions without trying to sell me anything. Check it out. They don't seem to be part of a political group or PAC.

I have an RV and am about to take a trip around the Country, maybe a couple of times. I would love to have it converted to Natural Gas and at least have the option to use it (Switch to gas when necessary)

Any one want me to promote their technology for them? I can make videos and document the experience. Is natural gas THAT hard to find?

From Florida.

Paul