Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Flushing system for black holding tank

We have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. We emptied the holding tanks and tried to use the flushing system, but no water would go through to flush the tank. I traced the water line to the other side (right side) of the motorhome where it went ito the side of the black-water holding tank. I disconnected the line and attached a garden hose and was able to flush the tank, which indicats that the water line is plugged somewhere.

The water line runs to the right side of the coach and then goes up into the subfloor where the toilet is located. It then comes back down through the same hold and into the tank. I suspect there is a backflow valve that may be stuck, but I don't know where it is or how to get to it. Has anyone had this experience and how was it resolved?

We did flush it out in the past with no problem. We have only had this coach for a few months.

Bill and Lauren Knoff

i suspect there is a vacum breaker located somwhere above where the line comes back down and gos to the tank. they usually put em in the wall slightly above the toilet water level. the only way to get to it i have found is to remove the wall panel where you think it is, then you can get at it to replace it. hope this helps

steve