Sign in to follow this  
jamestouchstone

Replacing Dual Pane Window-- Fleetwood Revolution

You don't state if you have a replacement window or your location. Is the seal allowing condensation into window ? Do you intend to remove , reseal , & reinstall ? I think even a removal & reinstall can be challenging for a DIY. I am enroute to have a window resealed.

The Co. is Suncoast Designers Inc., Hudson, FL: http://suncoastdesigners.ccwindow.com/.

They have a NC camp area w/ elect., water, & dump. $200.00 to remove window, repair seal, and reinstall. There may be someone in your area similar. Suncoast has been highly recommended by previous customers.

Plus they warranty their work.

Good luck,

Dave

You don't say what brand of windows you have, or whether you are concerned only with the seal to the side of the coach, or in the frame.

I will assume you have a broken window that must be removed and replaced. I will also assume yours are SE-GI brand, or similar construction.

-remove all the shades and valances.

-then pull out the rubber gasket that covers the screws. It is about 1/2" wide, and goes all the way around the window. there is a join at the top. pull it up at the join and pull till the whole gasket has detached.

-undo the screws. Watch it when you get down to the last couple. At this point it is a good idea to have a handle attached to the glass on the inside and on the outside, and a helper on a ladder outside to hold on.

-cut any outside silicone or caulking. you may also need to insert a pry under the outside frame to get it moving. Here is where the helper comes in handy.

-remove and lower carefully to the ground.

-undo the screws that hold the frame together, 4, thru a piece of aluminum, about 1"x3", usually at the narrow end. take out the screws holding the divider.

-hold the bottom of the window with your feet, lift the top part of the frame off the glass and while it is deflected away, lift out the slider and the fixed pane of glass.

If you are also repairing creepy seals or fogged windows, post again and I will add the other steps necessary.

Re-installation goes in the reverse order. It goes easier if the rubber bits are kept wet. Clean off all of the old silicone before getting your new windows near the coach.

Do not use silicone to seal against the outside of the coach. Your original installation should have used a foam rubber gasket. If that is in good shape, re-use it. If not, go to a glass shop and buy the black foam with adhesive on one side.

Silicone should never be used on your coach, anywhere, at any time. In fact, I doubt there is an application for it. If you need to caulk the outside edge to the coach, buy a decent caulking, 3M 4200, Sikaflex 290, Lifecaulk are good. they can be found at any marine store. Never, Never use Silicone.

No particular skill is required, but it is a lot of work.

Never lay the glass down against anything that isn't protected by rubber, carpet, towels, etc. Any contact with concrete, stone, granite countertops, etc, is likely to leave a permanent scratch, or worse.

Hello, yes I do have a replacment window from se-gi. I have removed the valance,etc and all but 2 of the screws. Didn't remove the window yet as rain is expected. Probably will continue the project and hopeful complete it on Saturday.

Thanks for the info so far, what you are describing is sort of what I expected but for me it:s always good to hear from someone who has done the job before. The window had lost it seal and had fogged up. I ordered the complete window from American Coach. The person who took the order said the window would come from Mexico. I don't know if this is true or not but the window is the exact replacment right down to all of the screw holes lining up.

Thanks again.

jimt

I noted that the screw holes had been stripped in a couple of spots, and a new hole had been drilled nearby to get the full pressure required. You can drill them anywhere in the channel. I didn't need to, but was prepared to if needed.