Sign in to follow this  
Crescendo

Digital converter box

I installed a digital converter box into a perfectly operating (analog) system (Wingard box. 3-way switch box and antenna). Now nothing works except the DVD player, even when going back to the factory setup, w/out the C-box.

What happened to the signal from the antenna?

If you have a Winegard multi-input selector box, the batwing antenna must be directly connected to the switch box since it provides the power to run the amplifier in the antenna head.

I purchased a Winegard Ditigital convertor. I added it into the "VCR" loop from the switch box. The digital convertor box input connects to the "To VCR Input" connection on the switch box and the digital convertor box output connects to the switch box on the "From VCR Output" connection. This way I can provide antenna signal feed to the convertor box without interfering with the power feed to the antenna.

This digital convertor can be set to output on either analog channel 3 or 4. To watch TV now: I set my TV for channel 3 (or 4) then I select antenna as the input to VCR, then select VCR as input to either my front TV or rear TV. I then use the digital convertor remote to select the digital channel I want.

If I want to watch a different digital channel on the rear TV, I will need to get a second digital convertor wired into the switch box to rear TV circuit.