Sign in to follow this  
PunksTradeWinds

Motosat SD troubleshooting - Help!

The used coach I recently purchased is equipped with a Motosat Nomad SD controller and HD-SL5 antenna. Unfortunately I cannot get the dish to deploy. I have power to the controller as the Stow, Search and Power LEDs on the controller come on when powered up. I thought the problem might be the controller firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware from Motosat's website and it appears it installed successfully per the update instructions using the SD card. Even after installing the new firmware the dish will not deploy. I also cannot get the controller into configuration mode to program the mount type. I contacted Motosat and they were not helpful at all. The technician told me to test the antenna motors using a 9-volt drill battery. While the manual has a color coded wiring schematic, the cable at the dish is insulated with a jacket and Motosat could not provide a pinout diagram for the harness connector at the dish to identify which wire was associated with each pin! I could not believe they could not provide this! So very frustrating. Tonight I powered up the controller and tested for DC voltage to the dish at the harness right out of the controller. I'm pretty sure the problem is not in the antenna or the cable to the antenna as I had no DC voltage to the motors or the dish LED at the controller harness. The documentation indicates that the controller will either flash error codes via the LEDs or in a log file on the SD card if you first create a log files folder on the card. I get no flashing LEDs or nothing in the log file. It appears the controller is just frozen up. My plan is to send it in to Motosat. If anyone has any experience troubleshooting this equipment I'd greatly appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Paul

Guest BillAdams

Were you able to complete a successful Test Dish routine? Do you have the current manual for the software that you have installed? What kind of receiver do you have connected to the controller and how is it wired (through the controller or direct connect)?