Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

Niagara Hartland RV Resort

Guest Wayne77590

Well, I saw many a place to stay when I Google mapped RV parks in the Niagara area, or used Microsoft Streets and Trips. After looking several over and reading reviews, we settled on Niagara Hartland RV Resort. The entrance was very picturesque, with a single lane dirt cart trail lined by trees which were cut to the proper height for MH's and 5er's. This is a PassportAmerica RV Resort, so the price was $15 a night. A first for us was a $5 a day cash deposit for metered electric. Any unused portion refunded on departure. The sites are crushed rock for parking (could use more) and grass. Awnings can go out and not interfere with neighbors. Most sites have a step patio, but not all. We got one that did not have a patio, but we are okay with it. Pulling in for easy accessibility of services put the sewer line at it's maximum expansion, but water and electric were within 10 feet. Repositioning the RV could shorten the sewer line and lenghen the water/electric, which would be okay. Hey, that is why we have 50ft or so of electrical cord and 50ft of water hose.

American Niagara Falls is 37 miles, and the Canadian Horseshoe Falls is 38 miles.

Lockport, NY is 14 miles, and watching the locks on the Erie Canal, and taking the Tunnel Tour is worth it. We have not gone to Lake Ontario yet, but that is on the list to do as is Niagara Falls. We have both been to the falls before. We are extending our stay here for one more day, so we will be here until Tuesday morning, 30 June, site 310.

Now all I have to do is find some place for the 4th of July weekend down in Ohio.

Niagara Hartland RV Resort is a nice stopping place for a few days.

Guest Wayne77590

KOA's are very family oriented and pet friendly and we have not had any problems staying at them, although some are very high in price compared to the surrounding campgrounds. There are several in the Niagra area, including one on Grand Isle which appears to be very nice. We choose Niagara Heartland because it was in the boonies and was Passport America. Three nights was $45 or so dollars and $5 a day deposit on metered electric. After 3 days we recieved $4 back on our $15 deposit. The stay there was enjoyable and we would return again.

No matter where you stay, you will enjoy the area. Make sure you go past the Rainbow Bridge and to the Three Sisters entrance to the State Park. We enjoyed walking and watching the rapids as they traversed to the Falls.

We just spent 5 days in Niagara at the Four Mile Creek State campground, it was short on ammenities, only 50 amp electric, water avaialble and dumpstation, no TV, but we stayed on the Banks of Lake Ontario, grat 5 days, I live in the country but I have never seen more stars. Thanks NY for this great park