Sign in to follow this  
satboyz

Forgot to empty fresh water tank

hey gonzo,

yeah i think i can understand it. i think it would be good to clarify that you need to do the process twice, 1st with bleach, then with the same amount of vinegar a 2nd time. that right? pretty good info, thanks

steve

Yes that is correct. I would drain the bleach mixture and rinse with clear water. That add the Vinegar. Drain and rinse one more time with clear water and you should be ready to go.

Theoretically you can use less vinegar then what you used in bleach. However since you cannot determine how much bleach is left in your tank on a molecular level, I would use the same amount. Vinegar and cheap and does not cause any harm in that concentration.

Also I hate to have to run 60 gal of water thrue the system 3 or 4 times. I will fill the tank once all the way with the bleach. Run all the faucets and let it sit for an hour, then I drain, fill the tank 1/3 run the faucets and take the coach for a little drive around the block. Drain and do it again with the vinegar with 1/3 fill etc. Saves me some water and I get to run the coach which is probbably not a bad idea.

I add 1.5 ltrs. of a good grade Vodka to my fresh water tank and it always taste fresh too me!! Only joking but probably would work

Used vodka once to deice a frozen up window washing system after a very chilly week at a ski resort. That car still stank of booze until the day it was totaled five years later. Never could get the smell out of the system, considered replacing it, but did not.

Not recommended, unless you like winos chasing you down the street.

We are vendors for FMCA with a product that you use in the fresh water tank that destroys existing bacterial colonies and prevents the developing of new ones, eliminates bad odor and bad taste to stored potable water supplies. When you use it everytime you put in more fresh water you don't have to worry about emptying the tank, it stays fresh and safe to drink. We live in earthquake country and leave our tank full year round when not traveling. Be careful about useing bleach in the fresh water tank, its hard to get all the bleach taste out.

What is the name of the product? The water in my coach tastes bad. We carry bottled water to make tea and to drink but would like to have a water that tastes good. I have cleaned but still have that plastic tank taste.