Guest Wayne77590

America, The Beautiful

To Wayne the Marine..

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...... It is enough to bring tears to an old salts eyes to listen to the music and see the pictures of our great nation. Willa and I sat and watched and tried to pick someplace on the film that we had not seen. There were a few but most of the places pictured we have been to and seen more than once and I have seen some of them many times if I include the travel my first wife Linda and I have done. I have been over to Europe and north to the Scandinavian countries and as far south as South America and all to Mexico and all over the Caribbean sea and I have yet to see anything in this world as pretty as our good old United States of America. Canada comes close but we have more variety here in the states I think. This is a wonderful, beautiful, proud nation and each and every one of us should kneel down and kiss the ground and thank God that he let us have the privileged of being born here and enjoying the most prosperous nation in the world.

People also should remember that FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.... It is earned and paid for by our youngest and finest and that is the way it has been since the founding of this nation and the first battles for our freedom on Bunker Hill and Concord green. Everyone should go to the Tomb of the unknown soldier in Arlington and then go count the tomb stones in the massive grave yard. We should all go there and stand in silence and in tribute to these brave fallen men that GAVE ALL for this country. These men and women watered the tree of freedom with their blood and a heck of a lot of them did it for wages that would not equal working at McDonalds........ (I'm getting kinda long here folks)

I have been bless with the opportunity to see our great nation from corner to corner and border to border and I have seen it many times and I still love the adventure. I have seen it two times from the seat of a Goldwing Motorcycle from North Carolina to Washington state and again to California. On a bike you can see it, taste it, feel it, smell it, get it in your boots and feel it run down your neck... People ask us ''Why go back there. You have already seen that twice''.. They just dont understand that it is the JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION..........GO SEE AMERICA FOLKS. ITS A HECK OF A TRIP....

GOD BLESS OUR GREAT NATION

GOD BLESS OUR ARMED FORCES AND BRING THEM HOME SAFE

GOD BLESS OUR VETS FOR ASSURING OUR FREEDOM.

Seajay the sailor man

Wayne, Seajay, America is, indeed, very beautiful!

We returned home about 2 wks. ago from a 3+ week trip from our home in SC to New England, with an extended 5 day stay in the Bar Harbor area of Maine. The food was, well, wonderful, and the scenery, even with the rain and fog, too great for mere words. Have you ever had Maine Blueberry pie, or preserves? I"m convinced that is the best. I can't talk about the seafood without drooling (or is that just my age?).

My wife found a wonderful quilt shop in NH and our AMEX a new outlet for its prowess. Once again, the food was super.

Next week we'll be off to Williamsburg, Va, for a couple of days, then on to DC for a couple, and then Cleveland, OH for my 50th high school reunion. I'll count how many guys still have some hair, laugh like **** and we'll leave.

Looking for some ideas for the winter....maybe a month or so in warm weather. We lived in the Phoenix area for 15 years so don't want to go there as our first choice. Open to good suggestions.

Be well all of you. Wayne, I think Semper Fidelis is a good motto for all people....what do you think?

Doc Mike

Guest Wayne77590

Always Faithful is a good motto for anyone.

I don't know how far from home you want to be to get warm, but Texas has some nice Winters. It can get cold, but typically not for days at a time like y'all have it. It can be 30 one day and 70 the next here in Texas. Night can get cold, but day times are usually nice. And the nicer thing is that you can find a place down here to park the RV for about $350 a month, including electricity. Do make reservations though, as they can fill up fast.

Come on down!!!!