Sign in to follow this  
parsoc

Search Continues...Coachman vs Winnebago

We're still researching MH's but have only actually gone to one dealer (La Mesa RV, in Davis) who also happened to have a big show at Cal Expo a few weeks ago.

They have LOTS of Coachman Mirada's, 2014's (one 2013) in $69K range...our upper limit is $70 due to the down payment required. We like the floor plan and the easy care interior (vinyl flooring and leatherette upholstery) Salespeople touting this as an excellent price on a NEW, entry level MH.

We also keep coming back to Winnebago...that was our only MH driving experience, 10 yrs. ago. The Vista 30T is out of our price range unless we can find an older one, or heavily discounted. The Vista 31KE (not sure if the letters are right) is in our price range

We also looked at an Itasca Sunova 26P (2008) that was very intriguing BUT it had no table or dinette, just couch. I know on the smaller ones you have to give up something, but we decided overall it was a little too small and we needed both couch and table.

Any ideas on either of these? Is Winnebago quality that much better? I like the idea they make everything on the inside and they can replace stuff many years later....but as DH says, the first thing to go wrong will probably NOT be a cupboard door!

Also, we are not interested in NEW....I'd like someone else to have taken the hit on depreciation and getting all the repair issues worked out that first year.

To answer anticipated questions, we will not be FT, there will only be the two of us, cannot buy anything until June (due to retirement funds not being available until then), DH thinks we'll be MHing only 5 yrs (I know, that may change, in either direction!), gas, probably towing our Honda CRV

This forum has been so helpful, thank you all for any input you might have.