BillAdams

All American Direct Ends Dish DNS

This message has been posted on the AAD website:

All American Direct will cease operations on February 25th 2014 at 11:59 pm. At that time our services will no longer be available. All customers with time remaining on their service will receive a prorated refund by check or credit card. For further information please refer to the FAQ tab on this page.

This will leave Dish customers without any DNS option unless Dish sets up and does the right thing, once again providing DNS (maybe even in HD again) to their customers.

I spoke with all American direct today and asked what we are to do when they stop service. I was told that with current technology there are "other options" and their service subscriptions have declined. When questioned about the other options, they suggested I contact Dish. Any suggestions? We are "half timers" and use Dish at home.

Your only options are to call Dish and have them change your service address at each new location (assuming you move far enough to leave your current spot beam) or switch to DirecTV.

You could also forgo satellite Networks entirely and use your current roof mounted OTA antenna for the reception of local Network programming.

We have never used DNS. We just call and have our service area changed and get the new locals within 10 minutes. Once in a great while we get a call taker that can't spell RV much less understand what you want to do. We just ask for another representative and it takes 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes. And there is no additional fee.

Just because you never used it doesn't mean others should not. It's just a choice. For me I would hate to have to call, wait for the change and then go about the job of resetting all the timers in my DVR. I would have to do this something like 20 times per year. Yes, it's free but it's just not for me! Many times the "local" Networks aren't really local anyway. You could be in Yuma, AZ watching Tucson, AZ or Phoenix, AZ news or San Diego, CA but never Yuma.