seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Cell phone emergency power

I cant exactly remember where I got this info and I will not bet my lunch money that it is accurate, but it's FREE, so here goes ...

We have all been in a situation where our cell phone battery is down to one bar and blinking. The next thing we see is ''LOW BATTERY andnd the next thing we see is a blank screen because the cell phone has run out of power.

Here is some worthless info that may or may not work ...

I understand that there is still ''power'' in your cell phone battery even when it says ''NO POWER'' and stops working. Here is what you do: Wait a couple minutes and try to power up your cell again. Usually you can get it to come on again. Now, punch in *3370# and you are suppose to access emergency power from the battery in your cell phone.

I have never tried this but I got it from a reliable source and it is supposed to work. As I recall, your cell should work for about 10 more minutes before this emergency power is completely drained and you cell quits for good.

ALSO, REMEMBER THIS ... 911 will work on your cell when you have no signal from your provider. It is my understanding that 911 will access any provider service if yours is not available. I actually tested this out in Utah. We had the ''BIG BOOM'' on the inside duel on the coach at mile marker 108 between nothing and nowhere. I had no signal and my cell said ''NO SERVICE." In desperation, I dialed 911 and the county sheriff said, "WHAT IS YOUR EMERGENCY, PLEASE?'' I almost fell over.

Also, any cell phone with power will reach 911 even if it has no service provider, no contract and no activation on the phone. If you got power, 911 will work and it's free.

All this worthless information is free to everyone for your personal safety.

Wayne the Marine will have to pay ten cents for this info because I know he is ''rolling in money'' ... lol ....

Seajay the sailor man

Snopes is your friend.

From that link:

"The claim that pressing the sequence *3370# will unleash "hidden battery power" in a cell phone seems to be a misunderstanding of an option available on some brands of cell phone (such as Nokia) for Half Rate Codec, which provides about 30% more talk time on a battery charge at the expense of lower sound quality. However, this option is enabled by pressing the sequence *#4720# — the sequence *3370# actually enables Enhanced Full Rate Codec, which provides better sound quality at the expense of shorter battery life."

Guest Wayne77590

Your too late Seajay. That is information that I have had for years, The additional power is fiction. Our account is now back to $.00 cents.

Additionally:

You cannot unlock your car using a cell phone by having someone call you and push your key fob at the house.

Some phones will give you the IEMI number by punching in "*#06#". Write that number down and if your phone is stolen, call your carrier and report it. That phone can either be tracked, or disabled. (I prefer tracked and the thief caught)

There have been NO documented cases of any cell phone causing a gasoline explosion at any gas station. This rumor started around 1999 and cause some oil companies to ban cell phone use while at there station. Now, just imagine that person walking into the station and out with a cell phone in one hand and a smoke in the other - now that smoke could be a problem if he tosses it.

Now you own me. We'll discuss the amount at some private place.

Guest Wayne77590

I know that for some time, SNOPES was run, managed and all items researched by two people, Barbara and Daivid Mikkelson.

So, for other verification, I usually use Truth Or Fiction

There are other sites that you can also check bogus information on.