seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Wasp Spray For Self Defense

A friend of mine just sent this to me and I want to pass it along to everyone.

He said that for personal protection there is nothing better than WASP SPRAY. He said it would ''spray'' about 20 feet in a pretty solid stream and was not that much effected by a light breeze when used. He suggested that it should replace firearms for close range self defense in most situations because it is not ''lethal," it's cheap, it's legal, and it will also kill wasps if necessary. He suggested that a can be carried in your coach, car and on your bicycle in case you are chased by a large dog.

The beauty is that its legal to carry and it should be very effective against man or beast where the situation should arise and it also KILLS WASPS. It can also be carried in Canada, unlike pepper spray or hand guns.

I have had encounters with wasps while ''rough camping,'' and believe me it was not fun ...

Here, again, is some more worthless information for you to decide to use or not use but remember ...

IF YOU USE THIS IDEA, YOU WILL OWE ME (Seajay the sailor man) TEN CENTS AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME.

On the other hand, if you try this and it doesn't work for some reason or another, ''I NEVER KNEW YOU'."

...Note to Wayne the Marine...... I have checked with my accounting firm (Catchum Cheatum and Sue) and they inform me that Wayne the Marine is indebted to Seajay the sailor man to the sum of ninety cents (nine dimes) (eighteen nickles) (or a bunch of pennies) for usage and plagiarism on his part (Wayne the Marine) of exceptional ideas put on this forum by myself in the present and the past. It is further understood that when ''said sum'' reaches one dollar and is not forthcoming from Wayne the Marine that a suit will be filed in ''LARGE CLAIMS COURT'' in Doorslam, Texas by the attorneys of Seajay the sailor man (Slam, Dunk and Swindle) for said amount and the judge will be the first cousin of Seajay the sailor man. In my generosity I may consider an out of court settlement if I am in a good mood that day.......

GOD BLESS OUR NATION....

GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE PERSONNEL AND BRING THEM HOME SAFE ..

GOD BLESS OUR VETS AND KEEP THEM SAFE.....

Seajay the sailor man .........

Having had wasp spray blow back in my direction during use, I question whether the stuff is noxious, stinging, irritating, or forceful enough to hurt. I worry that someone might get hurt as they stand and spray the stuff rather than using some other substance or tool, Besides, I have only seen rather large cans. This might be cumbersome to carry in one's butt-pack. Certainly a can of wasp spray could not be mistaken for a concealed carry. For those looking for non-harmful, fully legal deterrents, perhaps a portable air-horn.

Anyway, if I'm camping, and I see a guy walking with a butt-pack that looks like he has a six-pack around his belt, I'll say hi ... it might be you and your wasp spray.

Happy Trails.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/waspspray.asp

Looks like the jury is still out on this idea according to Snopes. I guess it would be better to carry an ''air horn'' than to take a chance on this stuff not working as a deterrent for your daughter or wife to be robbed, raped, or your self killed for your watch and wallet in your own home, perhaps dog bit or at least stung on the butt by an angry hornet. I know of many crimes that have been prevented by a loud air horn. Personally I rely on a higher power for personal protection. This was just a thought that I read about and posted it with the hope that it might help a fellow traveler. Of this I can assure you......... THE STUFF WILL KILL A WASP INSTANTLY. been there done that ........... and the next time you park your rig over a ground nest of wasps be sure to ''BLOW YOUR AIR HORN AT THEM ''''........LOL.....

Seajay the sailor man ...

Never having used wasp spray for any other purpose than to kill, or at least disturb significantly, well, wasps, I'm reminded that the item in my arsenal is neither spray nor fire arm (I really do hate guns, and I'm sorry if my politics are showing).

So, I've another item that I keep by my side: It is a recording of my former wife in YELLING mode. Though it is about 30 years old, when she chose to raise her voice at us (my sons or me) it was shrill enough and loud enough as an air horn, and can be used in a small mini-recorder to deter persons unknown from harming us, cause deafness, or wild dogs to whine in utter pain.

Just kidding of course ... I really wasn't smart enough at the time to record her rants, so ... thank heaven I've never heard my present wife of 25+ years even raise her voice! Bless her.

Enjoy your day, and smile as if you've done something wrong!

Doc Mike

After reading the reply from Cookie I have had a change of heart. I have decided to go with the ''AIR HORNS'' for personal defense in a dangerous situation. I have purchased a triple set of air horns that are loud enough to peal the paint off a Volkswagen. I have purchased a five horse power air compressor with a 50 gallon tank with iron wheels for transportation of same. I have fifty feet of ''curlie, yellow'' air hose and two miles of three wire, number 8 coax electric cable to power the whole mess. If an assailant messes with me,,,,,, ''I'LL BLOW (or toot) THEM AWAY''........'' T O O O O O O O O O O O O T''........LOL.......

Seajay the sailor man ................

just kidding guys ...... be safe in your travel .........

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/waspspray.asp

Looks like the jury is still out on this idea according to Snopes. I guess it would be better to carry an ''air horn'' than to take a chance on this stuff not working as a deterrent for your daughter or wife to be robbed, raped, or your self killed for your watch and wallet in your own home, perhaps dog bit or at least stung on the butt by an angry hornet. I know of many crimes that have been prevented by a loud air horn. Personally I rely on a higher power for personal protection. This was just a thought that I read about and posted it with the hope that it might help a fellow traveler. Of this I can assure you......... THE STUFF WILL KILL A WASP INSTANTLY. been there done that ........... and the next time you park your rig over a ground nest of wasps be sure to ''BLOW YOUR AIR HORN AT THEM ''''........LOL.....

Seajay the sailor man ...

Urban legend - wasp spray is the biggest farce I have ever heard. IT DOES NOT WORK. Except if it comes in contact with wasps or your eyes. Neither does an air horn half the time and neither does the so-called "bear spray". Get into the eyesight of a hungry or angry bear and make sure that they mention this in your obiturary.

What DOES work is a good 12 guage pump loaded with Dduplex rounds. One good hit will put the bear down - and please PLEASE don't feel sorry for the bear but rather feel sorry for the next person the bear comes into contact with as that bear has lost its fear of the human animal and will just as soon maul you for pleasure or eat you for hunger as have a poop in the woods.

If you are going to travel into the remote regions you have got to know the rules. Taking refuge in your RV is not much better help either as a matter of interest - they will tear the doors off and tear the windows out in quest of food; in any event and at the least making a pretty good mess of things.

The fellow coming out of the woods with a 12 guage mentioned in another post? The officer that got together with him was looking for his registration papers, hunting license, a cold beer or a break out of the sun in good company. NO BIGGIE I can assure you. I have been stopped a number of times while transporting (legally) firearms of all sorts and all they have wanted is my drivers license and registration paper for the firearm(s) and "have a nice day". The stop has never taken more than two or three minutes and you can rest somewhat more easily in knowing that these officers were out there in harm's way protecting us.... lately, paying the supreme price (we have lost two in the last month in these parts. One resulting in the largest police funeral in local history.)

So, please, guys and gals, don't always assume the worst. Know the rules, especially in Canada and when travelling from state to state. I have permits to carry concealed from most states.... I refuse to transport through New Jersey amongst other states - they just 'don't get it'... and pay no attention to Federal law. I was advised by several from NJ to leave my handguns at home. I have a cousin in PA and left them there.