Guest Wayne77590

Mr. Clean AutoDry

Guest Wayne77590

... you can get the soap that they make for it.

The Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash system is sold in Walmart and some other stores. I have been using a system for over a year, and other RV'ers have asked me questions regarding the system. i'll let you search on the keywords (hey, you have to do a little work yourself) and see what it looks like. By description, it is a three nozzle, wet down, soap up, final rinse, system with a soap holding tank and a filter that is supposed to ionize the water to make it spot free when it dries. It does all that when you have the right ingredients, and the filter is not exhausted.

So today, I'm going to wash the coach and put it in storage for about 3 more weeks, then its off for a 3 day get-together rally. Hmm! I need some soap. Off to my local Walmart to find that they are not carrying the system, soap, or filters anymore. Well, this is just one store, and they call the other store about 8 miles up the road. (Walmart is all over the place.) The store said they had the soap and filters. Well, they had the filters (bought a slew of them) but no soap. The Mr. Clean web site states that they do not sell to individuals, but I did leave them an email describing my dislike for their policy. Also why they can't provide the soap in a half gallon or gallon container. You see, the soap is proprietary and contains a "Dry Polymer Rinse," that assists in the spot free drying process. Hey! It really works.

What to do, what to do. I saw a product on the shelf by Turtle Wax called "Ice Wash." What the hey! I bought the product, large bottle, put some in "The Clean Machine," and washed the MH. It worked. Maybe Turtle Wax has a polymer in it, eh?

I'll need to do some more research on that, and it's cheaper.

Step up Proctor & Gamble, step up.

Find an Odd Lots or Big Lots and they have the whole shebang on sale at $4.00 for the complete package, washer, soap, rinse, the works. I would guess being the business they are basically in, Mr Clean is at the end it's life span. I have one and it is useless in our Ohio water.