everhartjd@gmail.com

House Refrigerator Installation

Our 2005 County Coach came with a household all electric Amana fridge which we now have to replace. We have had plenty of power and inverters to run this fridge over the past years. Although the actual cabinet space is 28 1/2" deep, the old fridge was only 26 3/4" deep. I have found a new fridge that is 27 3/8" deep and my wife really likes it. How much clearance is needed between back of the cabnet opening and back of fridge? Salesman said new fridges don't need clearance at back for venting because they vent in front of unit at bottom. I can't seem to find specs on this new LG fridge on their web site. Any advice about clearance needed for safety and venting purposes? Thanks Don Everhart 12/4/09

Our 2005 County Coach came with a household all electric Amana fridge which we now have to replace. We have had plenty of power and inverters to run this fridge over the past years. Although the actual cabinet space is 28 1/2" deep, the old fridge was only 26 3/4" deep. I have found a new fridge that is 27 3/8" deep and my wife really likes it. How much clearance is needed between back of the cabnet opening and back of fridge? Salesman said new fridges don't need clearance at back for venting because they vent in front of unit at bottom. I can't seem to find specs on this new LG fridge on their web site. Any advice about clearance needed for safety and venting purposes? Thanks Don Everhart 12/4/09

Don,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Only reliable source for clearance requirements is the refrigerator manufacture's owners manual or contact LG and ask for rear as well as side clearnaces for any models you are interested in.

Brett Wolfe