dbulow

Rain thru Air Conditioner vents while MH is on a slope

I live on a sloped street downwards facing, while I bring my motor home home to unload and clean it gets soaked if it rains trhough the air conditioner vents. If I am level this is not a problem. Is there a solution for this other than keeping the motorhome level. There is not way to level it on the street other than to park it somewhere other than in front of my house.

Has anyone encountered this problem and have a solution? Is there a cover like the vent covers you can purchase with a rain senor or something?

Thanks for your help.

I live on a sloped street downwards facing, while I bring my motor home home to unload and clean it gets soaked if it rains through the air conditioner vents. If I am level this is not a problem. Is there a solution for this other than keeping the motorhome level. There is not way to level it on the street other than to park it somewhere other than in front of my house.

Has anyone encountered this problem and have a solution? Is there a cover like the vent covers you can purchase with a rain senor or something?

Thanks for your help.

There is a gasket between the roof and A/C unit. Depending on age and condition, you MAY be able to tighten the 4 bolts (from the inside) that secure the lower unit of the A/C to the roof-top part of the A/C and compress the gasket. Do NOT crush this foam gasket. If tightening up a little does not do the trick, gasket replacement is not difficult (with two people) if you are safe working on the roof. And the gasket is not expensive.

Brett Wolfe

It's very possible that the rain is rolling down the roof & down into the rig. Home D'Po will sell you a piece of drip edge, which can be installed inverted (flange facing up). Silicone it down, and when the rain comes rolling down, it'll be diverted around the A/C opening. I've done this on my stick house. We don't use gutters 'cause they fill up with pine needles once a month.