Sign in to follow this  
gwtriker

Fuse Panel Location 1998 Chevrolet P-30/Fleetwood Bounder

I have a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder that has no power getting to the chassis systems. I have looked through the Fleetwood book and the Chevrolet chassis manuals and both say the fuses are located under the dash. I have looked under the dash on the drivers side and have not found anything. The passenger side of the dash is enclosed and there is no sign of an opening, "trap" door or other area that may hold the panel.

I would greatly appreciate any inputs that would help me find the fuses. I am hoping some one with a Bounder of possibly other coach on the Chevrolet P-30 chassis knows the location,used.

Thanks.

Marty Link

Marty, I need to look at my manuals for the chassis wiring that I have on an older chassis. 

12-4-16:

The Fuse panel will be on the drivers side under the dash panel, it is not the easiest thing to get to in some coaches, The Main wiring harness should pass through the firewall on the outside drivers side, inside close to where the wires go thru the firewall - you should find the main fuse panel for the coach.

You year coach could have up to 6 fusible links - If you have no power to anything, then the primary fusible link(s) are most likely Bad.

In the meantime disconnect the positive battery connections, check and see if the fusible link(s) have continuity with a ohm meter.   Generally connected to the positive supply at the starter solenoid. They open and there is no outward sign they have failed. There are different current carrying size's - they are not all the same!! Not sure check with a Chevy truck service center parts department for proper parts.

Have you checked the Battery voltage level? If no power to any of the chassis electrical, there could be a fusible link between the battery positive and the starter, some have 2 fusible links in the started area. 

Second - there should be a trapezoid shaped terminal block mounted to the firewall on the drivers side right above the throttle pedal and to the left of the doghouse. It has a cover (if it has not been removed) has 5 terminals and each one goes to a fusible link. 

DO NOT remove any of the links with out taking a good picture and labeling the wires very well. Each connection is for a specific circuit !!!! some 1 input and four outputs to specific parts of the electrical system.  

In the meantime check and see if the fusible link. Disconnect the battery cables    generally connected to the positive supply at the starter solenoid. They open and there is no outward sign they have failed. it you fine one please post the color of the wire or its terminal lug. 

Rich.

Older P-30, 1980 series454 Chev Electrical Wiring Primary 12 volt system. PDF converted from 11 by 17 in. format 

Fire Wall location of wiring to the Fuse box for the chassis system and the coach builders circuits. 1990 series electrical Gas Engine

IMG_5163.JPG

12_Volt_fusible_links_and_battery_block.gif

Fuse_panel_and_wiring.gif

Electrical_I_P_interface_connector.gif