bonniesderby@msn.com

2010 emission engines

I am looking to buy a new Allegro Bus and the dealer said that all the 2009 engines are committed and that all new orders will have the new engines with the urea injection system (a 10k hit to the price :rolleyes: ). I was told there was an article in one of the 2009 issues of Family Motor Coaching magazine. Does anyone have that issue month or a link to that article?

Tom Mohr

I am looking to buy a new Allegro Bus and the dealer said that all the 2009 engines are committed and that all new orders will have the new engines with the urea injection system (a 10k hit to the price :rolleyes: ). I was told there was an article in one of the 2009 issues of Family Motor Coaching magazine. Does anyone have that issue month or a link to that article?

Tom Mohr

Tom,

The dealer may be correct, but you also might want to confirm this with Tiffin directly. The dealer's statement could mean "committed to a dealer or it could mean committed to a retail customer". Big difference.

If an engine is built before 1/1/10, it doesn't have to meet the new standards, since they go into effect for engines produces on or after 1/1/10.

I have no idea what supply of engines Tiffin has or if Cummins has already ceased production of "old style" engines, but certainly worth a call or two.

Brett Wolfe