arthurpb

Squeeky Electric Awnings

HI!

As a lone driver in a 2007 Country Coach, 36', quad with a toad, I have found that using my electric awnings causes some obvious squeeking noises.........the type of noise that begs for a lubricant. I know using silicone is not the perfect choice, nor anything that might eat thru the fabric or steel, but someone suggested corn silk powder! The only thing I could think of using corn silk would be a hearty laugh, but when one thinks about it, it is slick, and if it doesn't clump during a rain storm, well........? What do you think would be the ideal slick to use on those gears? Thank you.

HI!

As a lone driver in a 2007 Country Coach, 36', quad with a toad, I have found that using my electric awnings causes some obvious squeeking noises.........the type of noise that begs for a lubricant. I know using silicone is not the perfect choice, nor anything that might eat thru the fabric or steel, but someone suggested corn silk powder! The only thing I could think of using corn silk would be a hearty laugh, but when one thinks about it, it is slick, and if it doesn't clump during a rain storm, well........? What do you think would be the ideal slick to use on those gears? Thank you.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What brand awnings?

Have you checked their website or owners manual for their recommendation?

Brett Wolfe

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What brand awnings?

Have you checked their website or owners manual for their recommendation?

Brett Wolfe

Hi, Brett!

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not so concerned about the awnings, but rather the electrical components making them extend and retract. The only problem at this point is finding the manuals belonging to this coach! Thanks, again. Pat

Hi Brett!

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not so concerned about the awnings, but rather the electrical components making them extend and retract. The only problem at this point is finding the manuals belonging to this coach! Thanks, again. Pat

If you identify the brand before finding the manual, let us know-- we may be able to assist.

Brett Wolfe

If you identify the brand before finding the manual, let us know-- we may be able to assist.

Brett Wolfe

Hi Brett!

Having scoured the web pages for the company called: CARE FREE CALIFORNIA, I could not find anything useful for maintenance of the hardware. If you know of something that might work, I would appreciate it if you could share the information with me.

Thank you for your concern, and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Arthur

2007 CC Intrique

Saturn SW Toad

Hi Brett!

Having scoured the web pages for the company called: CARE FREE CALIFORNIA, I could not find anything useful for maintenance of the hardware. If you know of something that might work, I would appreciate it if you could share the information with me.

Thank you for your concern, and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Arthur

2007 CC Intrique

Saturn SW Toad

Pat,

I am not familair with Care Free of California.

However, Carefree of Colorado is well known and has both installation and service manuals for their awnings online:

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/techdocs.asp?m=01000000

Brett