hayesfamily

Onan Starters

Onan Generators

For those of us who happen to have Onan generators in their coaches there's something I found out about the starters specifically that I just want to pass on.

The other day I posted my starter failure and what I did to remove it. Today I took it to a reputable place in Baltimore that does Starter Alternator carburetor type repairs. In the process of the repair they called me to inform me that the starter is not repairable and I need to replace it.

The parts and that starter are starting to become discontinued. The brush holder in my case melted and that has been discontinued as well.

The only thing we are left with at this point are a lot of the starters made in China but the good news is they appear to be decent quality. A lot of them come with a 1 year warranty and the guy at my local shop says he very rarely sees them come back. He also informed me that the OEM stuff is also being manufactured in China so do not be tricked into thinking you're getting a better product by buying OEM because it's the same product in a different wrapping.

I will post a picture of the new starter compared to the old one when I get it in the morning. 

0410171513.jpg

Your right, this resistance was bad thus making it a bad, positive post however, your resistance is good making this post about positive posting good. Lol!