kdelpierre

Loss Of Power

We recently purchased a '08 Monaco coach, and twice now, in almost the same location we have lost power going down the road.  Its been suggested as a clogged fuel filter, but has anyone else had this issue.  It brings up no codes.

kdelpierre,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what engine you have-- gas, diesel?

If diesel, yes the least expensive first step and one that is a common cause of this is clogged fuel filter(s).  Change them.

On my Cat 350 C7 loss of power was huei pump 2 times it was replaced 1 yr 2 mos ago and failed again a month ago pump was gone again cat picked up 70% this time they told me that there were no pumps available and would not be till July or August.

Cat service mgr. said he would check around other dealers and came back and told me a cat dealer in Maine said to use a marine pump which he did he told me that the marine pump was a more robust pump with dual bearings instead of single and designed to operate at high RPM s for hours and hours at a time only mod to fit it was to move the fuel filter to the frame rail next to the separator which was on my to do list for accessibility.

Trip last week into the rolling hills of Vermont ran great more power than the first replacement he said any extra fuel it pumps just goes back to tank my guess is the extra fuel flow will also help keep the fuel system cooler. Time will tell-- only out of service for one week.

Milton Cat did a great job getting me back up and running.