Sign in to follow this  
tdf04131944

Oil Pressure Gauge/Electric Issues

Help!!  I have a problem with the oil guage in my 08 Holiday Rambler ClassA diesel pusher.  Driving along and the guage shoots up to High and the warning light comes on.  Sometimes I lose full power, some cases engine shuts down and sometimes the dash dash lights flash on and off.  I pull to the side of the road and shut the engine down, wait a few minutes and then start it back up.  The I am all set for a few more miles. Last year, my mechanic changed the oil sensor on the engine and it was ok for the rest of the camping season.  Well a month ago, I started it up after sitting for the winter and it is at it again.  My mechanic put another oil sensor in, only this time' it did not solve my problem. The other day when I started it, the altanator light was beeping.  Shut engine down and restarted.  Left my house, hauling my tow vehicle,  and Oil guage went to high, warning light came on, dash lights were all blinking and the engine shut down.  Could not restart.  MH towed to my mechanic.  Several hours later the MH started back up.  He is researching the problem today.  Has anyone out there had a similar problem and if so how was it solved.  Thanks, Tom

Tom, sorry for your problems,  however it isn't a good idea to put your email address or phone number here. What you may want to consider in the future is having responders to PM you to talk. Then you may exchange numbers. 

Herman