Sign in to follow this  
DarylPrice

'05 HR Neptune Transmisson Dip Stick

I recently Purchased a 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune.  It has the Cummins 300HP engine and the Allison 5 speed Transmission.  My mechanic was checking the oil in the transmission and the Dip Stick broke.  This could be very disastrous since every coach have different lengths, depending where the coach manufacturer placed it.

So I was wondering if any one whose has the same coach could remove their dip stick and measure it from the bottom of the plug to the end, identifying the locations of the fill marks.

Any help would be appreciated!

DarylPrice,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I have not personally worked on the 5 speed.  This information is for the Allison 3000 transmission-- I don't know how much is applicable to your application.

A call to Allison tomorrow can answer it.  Copy down your transmission serial number for them.  Allison help line 800 252 5283.

1. On the 3000, the most accurate way to check transmission fluid level is from the electronic shift pad, not the dip stick.

2. If the dip stick can not be retrieved by other means, the dip stick tube is pretty easy to release from the transmission which would allow retrieval of your original dipstick for either reassembly or replacement with one marked exactly the same way.