Sign in to follow this  
blankenshipjc

Swm3 For Directv

I need a little help setting up my satellite system.  I’m trying to install the SWM3 travler in our 08 Allegro Bus.  I have a problem with the control cable that comes in from the roof.  There is a six wire plug going into the back of the box inside.  Unfortunately, the plug is off of the end of the wire so i have 6 loose wires with good ends on them but i do not know where to place each.  Does anyone have this system so they can look at the plug and tell me what colors go on the bottom and which on top.  There are 3 on top and 3 on bottom.  The colors are orange, yellow, green, red, black, and purple. Any help would be most appreciated.  Until i get this resolved my new system is useless.

thank you,

Joe Blankenship

Clay, Alabama

Our Phaeton is in storage about 8 miles from here. Had not planned on going by there today but if no one responds with the help you need, I can  go take a look at ours. It is a SWM 3 system. 

Assuming you are looking at the plug from behind and the side with the clip is the bottom, the wiring order is:

Black    Brown   Red

Orange  Yellow  green

Don't flip the plug over to figure the bottom wires.  Black wire is above Orange wire, etc.

Wow!  I hope they are the same!

Now sure how you ended up with a disconnected plug but glad you are going to be able to put it back together.

Gotta ask, but you don't have to reply, how is it that  you are doing a self install without an all important plug on the end of a very important wiring harness? 

I worked from new out of the box and did it all by myself. First time. It was seamless. The heat was horrendous in August, and I would probably hire an installer,  if there was a next time. 

Be aware that Winegard "could" void the warrant on any of their Trav'lers where the control cable has been modified.