nbrenn@hughes.net

Fresh Water drain

My 2003 Country Coach does the same. The 1/2 inch drain line exits the tank, through a 90 degree petcock fitting through the floor of the bay. Just barely drips. When I recently drained the tank I ran most of the fresh water through the pump into the shower and drains.

Before I start fiddling with it I would like to know the likely cause. No reason to reinvent the wheel if we do not have to.

Agree, it sounds like a restriction or clog in the valve or line.

If a clog, best answer is to fit a 5' piece of hose over the end of the drain hose and suck hard on it. If that doesn't work blow on the hose.

Trying to pull the obstruction out is much better, as it will remove it. Forcing it back into the tank will leave it there to return another day.

Brett Wolfe

Guest 2driftrs

Back 10 years ago when we ripped out some fresh water piping, we also replaced the tiny petcock valve with a one-half inch gate valve. Problem solved!

Clog may be very simple and accessible like a mud-wasp nest in the end of the tube. Try a pipe cleaner or other type of probe to clean the tube up to the valve. You can do this while the valve is open to assist in washing the clog out (you might get a bit wet, but it will be more effective than a dry swab).