Sign in to follow this  
mweiner

Do you really need to store one?

If you're NOT in "SoCal".... maybe you need to store your RV including your Class B for the winter indoors? 

How many of you do this and pay for indoor storage?  And what's the average price? 

Recently, someone told me that they are paying $150 to store their Class C coach indoors with electricity... that's $1,800 per year... over 10 years that's $18,000 ... that really adds up... 

We just park our coach on the front driveway...and plug it into the house... whenever we want, just unplug and drive away...easy...

There's definitely a benefit to the size of the Class B and the ability to just hop in like any car..

I've seen people park their Class A's on the driveway if they have space... but, it either takes the entire driveway or they park it on the street...

Where do you park your  Class B???

"Need" is such a relative term.

If the vehicle has been properly winterized, there is no need for indoor storage in the winter. At least not any more than there is any other time of the year. Indoor storage makes some of the required winter maintenance like battery charging easier, but it's not a necessity. Someone that has the luxury of indoor storage can avoid lots of damage from the sun and potential for water damage should there be a leak, but in my opinion these vehicles were meant to be outdoors. Even more so for one like ours that was built to withstand daily commercial use.

Anyone living in the city will have limitations for storage regardless of the season based on the size of their driveway and/or zoning and HOA rules. Our coach is only 35 feet long and 8 feet wide. Takes up about as much space as two pickups parked end-to-end. One of the 45-foot Class A rigs is another story all together. If we didn't have room for our rig on our own property we'd be in something smaller.

Just my opinion. YMMV