wolfe10

2008-2009 Freightliner XC Chassis RECALL

Guest Wayne77590

My 2008 Winnebago Destination is on the Freightliner XC chassis and WAS on the recall. I could not get an appointment at my "local" Freightliner shop that was conducive to my travel plans. We travelled to Austin, and on a drive-in we were inspected.

It is less than a 5 minute time span to get inspected, once the technician starts. They will, by law, replace the data plate next to the driver's console. I was fortunate and did not need replacement.

Replacement parts are not typically carried by dealers and will have to be special ordered. So if you need replacement, be ready for a weeks stay, or longer.

This recall is not something to wait to have done. It is a simple inspection process, it is covered under warranty, and to not have it done can cause serious consequences if your coach has the problem.

You can call Freightliner's national office in California, give them your VIN number, and they will tell you if your chassis should be inspected.

"Get 'er done!"

Edited:

I received a PM from Brett, and justifiably he questions my statement about calling California for Freightliner. So, I need to clean that up a little:

This is an excerpt from the Freightliner Trucks, Warranty Information Web page.

My total assumption is that the Service Center is in Gaffney, SC, whereas the Recall office is in the Pacific, and I just said California. It may be in any other Pacific Time Zone. Sorry for any confusion.

Not all is what it appears to be, right?

"Recalls

Questions concerning Recall Campaigns on any of our products? Please call 1-800-547-0712 between the hours of 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Pacific Time, or the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-FTL-HELP for Freightliner and Freightliner Customer Chassis products."