johnrowin

Small toilet fan

We are new to FMCA. We have a 2000 Safari Continental. I have a small fan about 6”off the floor between the toilet and bath area (separate). What makes this fan come on? I can find no switch. I tested fan and it is fully operational. Here are a couple of pics that might help. What sends power to this fan?

E1C52383-289E-4CC3-9B9E-0F93282BE2F4.jpeg

4EB0EDA3-253D-47CE-8653-465BB93566FC.jpeg

John, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

The part I find interesting is that the Fan is labeled 24 volts ! and the coaches are setup for 12 volts in most cases.   The installer might have chosen a 24 volt fan because it would run much slower on 12 volts.

Does your coach have ceiling fans in the bathroom and Galley ? these fans have switches mounted in the fans.  There is no information on the fan wiring located on the floor and it does look like someone added it.   So do you have any power to the wires going to the fan in question?  The person who installed it might have installed a switch some where in the wall or a cupboard. That would be the closest location to the wiring feeding voltage to the outer roof fans.

The 2 Ceiling Fans are power from a 12 volt fuse box that is often in the rear bedroom. A Yellow wire with a white tracer, 12 Gauge, connected to fuse circuit number 4 in the information I have on file. This should be a 20 Amp fuse. 

Best I can do wit the information you supplied in you post. A little more information regarding wires at the fan or finding a switch hidden somewhere might help solve the issue.

Rich.

SMC Sahara 12vdcRoofWiring.pdf