Sign in to follow this  
mgiannantonio

Best place to sell an RV

I have an RV  and I want to sell it. I'm in the Las Vegas area, any suggestion on the best place to sell used RV's? I've tried craig's list and facebook, ,no luck....

We are not looking to trade it in as they have offered very little for trade.

Any suggestions on if RV trader is worth the money?

I think a lot depends on how hands on you want to be in selling it.  If you want to be hands off there are a number of consignment dealers around the country that will sell if for you for a commission, PPL in Texas is probably the most famous, though I think there are also some closer to Las Vegas.  If you want to be more hands on, I would suggest any and all of the online classified ad options, including RV trader, don't forget online owners groups for whatever brand of coach you have..  When I was shopping for my current coach I spent about 5 months checking all the various online ad sites multiple times per week before finding the right coach on a craigslist ad in Florida 1,100 miles away just 2 days after it had been listed.  If could have been just as likely that I had found the right coach through RV trader, or a listing on the owners group web forum, as I did run across a few potential candidates on each.  If you plan to be hands on expect a number of tire kickers and low ball offers.  Whatever you do post an ad with lots of large hi-resolution photos, potential buyers, particularly ones that are shopping from a distance want a fair idea of the condition of the coach before they contact the seller, as there are so many money pits out there for sale that are simple not worth the buyers time to investigate hiding behind ads with only a  couple of low resolution photos taken at a distance.