Sign in to follow this  
genenick

Wheel Covers 2006 Damon Challenger

I'm stumped ... I have a 2006 Damon Challenger with 19.5 wheels that have chrome covers. It appears that two lug covers hold the chrome covers in place. The other six lug nuts look like they are just there for decoration. I have tried pliers to remove these covers and prying them with screwdrivers. They don't budge. The coach has 7,000 miles on it and appears that it came from the factory like this. I was thinking about rotating the tires; however, a longtime friend who is also a longtime professional truck driver is telling me to leave them alone after looking everything over. I cannot get to the valve stems on the inside duals and purchased valve stem extenders. I can't put the extenders on unless I can remove the outer tires. I can't do anything with the tires because I can't remove the wheel covers. The front and rear have the same covers. Can someone give me an idea on how to remove these covers? Thanks, Gene

I'm not sure if this is how yours are, but mine go like this......If you look closely at the lug "covers", 2 will have a little slotted line pressed into them. These are the lug/covers that retain the "hubcap". You may have a little T handled socket to remove them. If not, just use the appropriate sized socket. They shouldn't be too tight. I hope this helps!

Yes I have 2 lugs that have the little slots in them. SO if I understand you right just remove both at one time. I'll have to see if I have a lug wrench to fit it, if not I know I'll have a 1/2" scoket. Thanks for the advice. Gene

I have a 2010 Damon and the chrome covers are held on by three (not two) lugs. The lugs on one of the front wheels were also "frozen". I had to use a locking wrench and a hammer to budge them. I couldn't find a lug wrench to fit the larger cover lugs. A standard lug wrench does not fit them. After they were removed, I sprayed them with WD40 before re-installing them.