srfridley

Sticking Pop-up Vent Covers

My motorhome (2006 Winnebago Tour) has two fantastic fans with power operated roof vent covers. I have added an aftermarket "rain free" cover over the roof vent in the main living area. The problem that I have continually faced is that the covers, after being closed for long periods, stick so that the switch operated power opener stalls without opening the cover. My only solution so far is to climb on top of the coach and pry open the covers. They then work properly until the next opening attempt following closure for a few days.

The problem is much more severe on the bathroom vent that is not equipped with an aftermarket roof cover. I have tried cleaning the seals and lubricating them with an Armor-all type product, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Any recommended successful solutions to this issue??

I have tried various lubricants on the vent seal, but none seem to work for very long. I get around the problem on my Fantastic Vent by pulling the lift knob down to disengage it from the lift motor and then turn the knob back and forth to free the vent cover. I then push the knob back up to engage it to the lift motor.

Sam

Hi srfridley,

The vintage of your coach says consider calling Fantastic Vent. Around the year of your coach, Fantastic Vent had a problem with their seal. I had the same problem as you have. They sent me a new seal and the glue to hold it on. I followed the instructions (use very little glue). The new seal did the same as the old seal. I fixed the problem by replacing the Fantastic Vent fans with Max Air fans. They are a better product. All the same features as the Fantastic Vent + one never gets rain in the coach,,,,never. Max Air is a much better design.

Had the same problem, called Fantastic Vent and they sent new gaskets and a packet of 303. I replaced the gaskets and now just spray or wipe a little 303 on the gaskets once a year. Problem solved at almost no expense.

Guest tzimmermn

We have a 2007 Winnebago Tour 40FD that had same issue. I believe the application of the 303 protectant to the seals, including the slide out seals will solve issue. Terry, Amarillo, TX