Sign in to follow this  
oldkid66@att.net

Mini Cooper toad

I am shopping for a new commuting coar to drive to and from work daily. I also want to use it as our Toad 4 down. My wife want to buy a new Mini Cooper. Has anyone towed a Mini Cooper 4 down or do any of you know of someone who has towed a Mini Cooper?

Thanks,

Oldkid

San Antonio, TX

Guest Wayne77590

Hello Oldkid,

On this site, "FMCA" web, is a quick link for towing and it has a yearly manual for those automobiles that are towable with four wheels down. Looking in the 2009 guide I did not see a listing for the Mini Cooper. If you go to a dealer and look at the owners manual, it should tell you whether the Mini is towable, or not.

Also, check the Remco web site for Towing Your Mini. The web states that the Manual transmission Mini for 2009 is towable as is, but the automatic can only be towed with a dolly.

Good luck.

Hi ghand,

Welcome to the forum. Consider calling MC directly and asking about the specific year, model and transmission you are considering. Manufacturers change components, sometimes during the model year. As previously posted, look in the owners manual. This is the only place the manufacturer puts in writing if the car can be towed, what the process is and any restrictions that need to be observed.