I installed a Hopkins wiring kit to my 2016 Chevy Equinox for towing purposes.  That was in 2017.  I worked fine until about six months ago.  Now I only get the "parking" or "running" lights on the toad and not signal or brake light.  I have tested the tow bar pig tail and am getting running, left/right turn signal and flashed and brake lights.  But when I plug it into the Toad, only the "parking" or "running" lights are on....no signal, or brake, either side.

shagphil,

Welcome to the Forum.

You may have some bad diodes. If the light on the toad work when not hooked up but not when connected the diodes would be the first place I would look.

Again Welcome.

Herman 

Herman, thanks for the reply.  I installed the  Hopkins Custom Tail Light Wiring Kit for Towed Vehicles, Item # HM56108 from etrailer.com.  That system has a sealed "dinghy diode converter" that is waterproof and double molded rather than individual diodes.  Yes the lights on the toad work perfectly when not connected.   With that info do you still think it might be in the diodes?

Thanks,

Phil

Yes, that seems to be where the problem starts .  Just to be sure you might google Hopkins Kit and see if there has been issues with it.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins