chucknewman

CAT Dealer Information

We will be in Oregon/Washington next week for cabinet and other work, and I saw Halton CAT listed as a level 1 dealer in Portland. I need oil, lube, coolant change, valve lash, etc. Has anyone used them and what was your impression of service quality?

Also, I've looked into the CATRVclub web site several times (Tech Tidbits and more) but cannot find the write-up on coolant change procedure. Usually that means it's right under my nose. Can someone push me in the proper direction? Thanks.

We will be in Oregon/Washington next week for cabinet and other work, and I saw Halton CAT listed as a level 1 dealer in Portland. I need oil, lube, coolant change, valve lash, etc. Has anyone used them and what was your impression of service quality?

Also, I've looked into the CATRVclub web site several times (Tech Tidbits and more) but cannot find the write-up on coolant change procedure. Usually that means it's right under my nose. Can someone push me in the proper direction? Thanks.

Here is a thread on Changing Coolant: http://community.fmca.com/index.php?showto...ng+system\

Scroll down to my 3rd post for the step by step procedure many of us use.

Brett

Thanks Brett for the quick reply. When you say If your hoses are over 3-4 years old, this is a good time to change them as well, do you mean just engine area hoses or the two hoses that run up to the front heater core as well. The latter would require a lot of time in the bays, plus dropping the LPG tank and maybe the fuel tank on my '98 Safari.

Thanks Brett for the quick reply. When you say If your hoses are over 3-4 years old, this is a good time to change them as well, do you mean just engine area hoses or the two hoses that run up to the front heater core as well. The latter would require a lot of time in the bays, plus dropping the LPG tank and maybe the fuel tank on my '98 Safari.

Chuck,

The hoses in the engine room are a lot more in harm's way than those run in a basement or frame rail-- heat, vibration, petroleum product exposure, etc. Many coaches have a splice at the front of the engine area. If not, a hose to hose barb fitting can easily be fit.

At the very least, check them for softness, cuts or abrasion.

Brett

I've found this site to be very useful. Unfortunately Halton CAT isn't listed, so not much help to you...

rvservicereviews.com