Sign in to follow this  
MONTIE

Carefree Awnings - parts

I have a 2008 Monaco Knight. I have I bumped something and broken the end cap and the part that installs under the end cap, a small piece of plastic that guides the awning into the cover when closing. I tried to order the part and was told it was discontinued and would be a special order. I searched the forums for some information and found that I am not the only one in this position -- Carefree discontinued a relatively new part. What gives with a company that sold a product and does not keep the parts around long enough to repair in 36 months?

There have been several discussions that dealt with hard-to-find parts. Salvage yards can be a good source of such parts. If you go to the top of this page, on the second menu line click the box that says Search and enter "salvage." You will get a listing of some of the articles that mention this. In several of these articles are links to lists of salvage yards.

You are correct that a company discontinuing an item should stock repair parts for quite some time afterward. I hope you will find what you need at a salvage yard.