Sign in to follow this  
hsteinle

Direct TV in Canada and Alaska

We are making the trip to Canada and then Alaska (from Phoenix area) this summer and I'll be using both a King Dome Auto antenna AND a Winegard Slimline 5 HD larager antenna. Based on this, how far north will I be able to go before losing my Direct TV service?

Harlan Steinle

07 Alfa Gold So Long #4322

hsteinle@hbsteinle.com

We are making the trip to Canada and then Alaska (from Phoenix area) this summer and I'll be using both a King Dome Auto antenna AND a Winegard Slimline 5 HD larager antenna. Based on this, how far north will I be able to go before losing my Direct TV service?

Harlan Steinle

07 Alfa Gold So Long #4322

hsteinle@hbsteinle.com

Last year, my kingdome only worked about 100 mi no of the canadian border. There are 2 problems, one is signal strength and second, line of sight to the sattelite. In alaska, most dishes are more than twice the area of the house mounted units here and look to be aimed almost horizontal. Most campgrounds have sattelite, but in Canada, best like a lot of old reruns. Direct

Tv has changed their inop time on RVs from about 9 months of the year to less than 6 months. If I didn't have to pay em, I wouldn't have in on this year when I go back to Alaska. No-one in our group had much luck except for the Direct way antenna and that didn't even work in Skagway. Good luck on your trip -- look for "diesel on a stick"

Jack Hudgens

07 Newmar mountain aire 4120

WE WENT TO ALASKA IN 05 AND OUR DISH SIMPLY WOULD NOT PICK UP A SIGNAL NORTH OF DAWSON CREEK. I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS POINTED TOWARD THE GROUND INSTEAD OF THE SKY. I TALKED TO A GUY UP THERE AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE SATALITES WERE BELOW THE HORIZION UP THERE.

WORD TO THE WISE WHEN TRAVELING TO ALASKA...

TAKE YOUR TIME,,,,,,,,,, GO SLOW AND ''DRINK IN THE BEAUTY'' TAKE PLENTY OF C.D'S AND DVD'S BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT GET A RADIO STATION ALONG MUCH OF THE HIGHWAY AND YOU CAN FORGET TELEVISION UNTIL YOU GET TO A BIG TOWN OR CITY LIKE WHITEHORSE.

ALASKA IS THE WORLD LIKE GOD MADE IT IN THE BEGINNING. MAN HAS JUST PUT A ROAD THRU IT AND LEFT MUCH OF IT AS HE FOUND IT. IT IS UN BELIEVABLE .................

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT

828 313 1000 HOME

828 612 2608 CELL

I HAVE BEEN TO ALASKA THREE TIMES AND WE ARE PLANNING ON GOING BACK THIS SUMMER

SEAJAY CECIL .......... (WOOF WOOF,,,,,,,, THATS MY DOG SOUND)

We lived in Alaska for over 30 years until July of 2000. As far as I know and remember, there is NO satilite coverage in Alaska. You might want to call Direct TV to check on the coverage in Alaska

J. Searcy

F356570