willbeeind

Tech Connect Full Speed on Video?

Hi all, 

Does anyone know if the basic TechConnect plan runs at full speed (limited to 12 mbps as I recall) on video sites like Netflix? Some services throttle the speeds on video to limit usage. for example my Visible smartphone hotspot runs about 60 mbps download, but only 3 mbps for video. I tell the difference by using fast.com to check video speed, and speedtest. net for general speed. 

I"m considering going back to TechConnect next year and this is a consideration. 

Thanks

Will

I am not seeing any throttling for video, both in real-world usage and in the test site.

fast.com tested at 4.1 mbps   and speedtest.net  at 5.7
while I would not want to watch 1080p on a 60 inch TV at those speeds, for general video streaming I have not had any issues with the basic techcnnect plan

My FMCA AT&T plan is absolutely throttled at 4MBs.  For me that is fine, I can watch standard HD on the RV TV's with no issues.

Rumor mill says that the new T-Mobile plan is limited to 2MBs for video streaming.  That isn't going to work and I'm trying to confirm.  If it was 4MB or more I'd pick up that plan in a heartbeat and replace my non-FMCA T-Mobile business plan.