BROTY

Onan 6500 generator

I have been trying to get my generator to keep running without success. The following info is what I sent back to Flight Systems:

recently had a phone booking on Thursday 9/21/23 with your tech Brian. I was able to get the engine to crank, but it will not keep running . I used a jumper from the 12 v batt terminal on the solenoid to the fuel pump and the engine ran great until the fuel ran out of the fuel bowl on the carburetor then died. I checked the fuel pump lead while the engine was running, but no voltage was detected at the hot wire to the fuel pump. Today I did the check cranking test by jumping the pos batt pin to the start solenoid pin and the engine cranked but would not start. This indicates the control board is defective. Is there any further test I can do the confirm the control board part # 300.-4901 is in fact defective. The generator is a Onan 6500: 6.5NHEFA26100P  bom rev. 02-Aug-99

After doing some more trouble shooting on my generator problem a friend, who is a retired engineer, and I traced the potential problem with to a relay located behind the choke control and air filter housing. Apparently one of the functions of this relay is to trip and allow power to the fuel pump when the start button is pushed. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. If so I would sure like to get a part number for the relay.

AFTER MANY HOURS OF TROUBLE SHOOTING, WITH THE HELP OF A NIEGHBOR, RETIRED ENGINEER, WE FINALLY GOT THE GENERATOR RUNNING. PART OF THE PROBLEM WAS A MISPLACED WIRE THAT CONNECTED TO A RELAY THAT ACTIVATED THE FUEL PUMP. LESSON LEARNED "ALWAYS" LABLE DISCONNECTED WIRES.